NEWS & VIEWS
SERICC are recruiting a Finance Administrator
SERICC is a registered charity managing a complex and challenging funding landscape. We are looking to appoint a Finance Administrator who will work closely with the senior management team and contribute to providing comprehensive business support for financial and business processes.
To be considered for this role you will have experience working within a finance/accounting environment with demonstratable experience working with SAGE, VAT and Charity accounting regulations including donations.
You will be proactive and forward thinking and bring your analytical and detail focused approached to this busy and demanding role. In return we offer great benefits, a supportive working environment and the ability to make a difference.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for finance to work as part of the Central Services Team, to make a difference in the lives of those we support.
This role is office based in Thurrock, Essex, where direct counselling and advocacy services are delivered and is therefore restricted to female applicants under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, and Part 1. Section 7(2) e of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 apply. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As part of safer recruitment practices, we carry out pre-employment checks including references, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and right to work in the UK checks.
For this role you will:
- Oversee and participate in all accounting, processing and banking tasks using SAGE
- Monitor budgets with understanding of variances and report to senior management
- Prepare budget forecasts, preparing monthly management accounts, monitoring budgets and monthly/quarterly as well as annual finance reports for manages and external stakeholders
- Prepare end of year accounts with the senior management team and independent auditor
- Support the senior management team in maintaining SERICC’s financial processes, ensuring that there are accurate and up-to-date financial records.
Hours: 15 hours per week
Holiday: 30 days per year (pro-rata)
Start date: February 2024
Place of work: SERICC premises in Thurrock
You can download the job description here.
Please send your CV to email@example.com. We will assess CV's on receipt but with a final closing date of 21st January 2024 at 12 noon. Interviews will be held on Friday 26th January 2024.
SERICC values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from women of all backgrounds. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. Posts will be open to women only (Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).